We accept resumes at all times. Please submit yours today, either in person or by email.
Current Available Positions:
Full-time Emergency Veterinary Technician
Be a part of our Emergency Hospital family!
Full-time veterinary technician position available in Kannapolis, NC (Charlotte adjacent)
We are a 3-doctor, after-hours hospital providing quality continuing care to support our local general practice hospitals and quality primary emergency medicine and surgery to serve our local clients. Our hospital culture is that of a traditional small business where each team member is important and appreciated.
We are seeking a dependable technician to be a member of our team. Duties would include triage and stabilization of incoming emergencies, ICU nursing care of hospitalized pets, running diagnostics (in-house labs, X-rays), taking phone calls, client check-in and check-out, and hospital facility upkeep.
The candidate we select will work with several other highly-skilled technicians.
- Focus, self-direction, and skill at multitasking
- Ability to work fluidly with co-workers
- Mental flexibility to expand on current skill-set
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of animal compassion
- Previous technician experience
- Previous emergency experience is highly desirable but not required
This full-time position consists of a week-on, week-off rotating schedule. Week-on hours are 5:30pm – 2am Monday through Friday, and 12pm-12am Saturday and Sunday. Compensation is competitive within the field and is dependent on experience. Additional benefits offered:
- Shift differential pay if overnight hours are worked
- Matched SIMPLE IRA
- Group health insurance or health insurance stipend
- Generous personal pet care allowance
We often have relief shifts available and like to have a healthy relief pool to call upon. These are typically technician shifts with requirements as above for our full-time technician positions. Occasionally we have reception relief shifts available.